Business Resource Conference & CB&I Open House
November 15, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Business Resource Conference Learn How to Tap into Resources to Accelerate Your Business
The Center for Business & Innovation (CB&I) invites the community to an open house and learning session on November 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to noon. Come learn all that the CB&I can do for you!
- 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Check-In & Networking
- 9 a.m. Welcome by Kaylee Purcell, CB&I Director
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Keynote Address, Communication for Success, by Doric Olson from Thrive at Work. Ever struggle building trust between staff and management? Could you benefit from better communication throughout your organization? Ever get stopped or tongue-tied asking for a big ask from someone either internally or externally? Come and learn from the experts on how to become more effective with your communication, learn how to make the most out of collaborating, build trust and learn to be a better listener when it comes to different perspectives.
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. –Breakout sessions
- Breakout 1: “Lending Panel – Your Financing Request has been approved!” – We have organized a fantastic panel of money lending experts for you! Come learn from top experts in the industry of lending on what your business needs to be successful in securing financing. Not bank ready yet? Start-Up capital needed? No sweat- we have options! Come and learn about what they are wanting to see to be successfully funded and bring your questions! On this panel, we will host traditional banks as well as non-traditional funding sources for businesses.
- Breakout 2: “Own Your Voice, Own Your Power” – Come hear the Washington Center for Women and Business share about how you can speak up, gain confidence and own your voice and power as a business owner. Not all business owners enjoy public speaking, asking for things, and enrolling a team into their vision- these skills take time to develop! Come and learn how you can stand within your power and become more effective. Speaker Logan Reed brings more than 15 years of experience to this conversation and is a powerful coach.
- Breakout 3: “Natural and Financial Disaster Preparedness” The Small Business Development Center Director here at the Center for Business & Innovation John Morosco will be teaching this class to prepare you for whatever might strike next. What would you do if roads were closed down? What would happen if access to your office or place of business was shut down? How can you position yourself now for the next market downturn? Come learn how you can set yourself up for success by planning ahead of the next recession or natural disaster!
- Breakout 4: “The Future of Automation” Thurston EDC’s Research Manager, Gene Angel, will do a deep dive into the wave of new technology currently driving automation worldwide. What are the determinants of an occupation’s automation risk and what will the effect be on our regional economy. This presentation really gets you thinking about how businesses and staffing needs will adjust to the future demands of the economy. Come and learn about which sectors will be affected the most and how that will affect employment in the local economy.
- Breakout 5: “Intro to Government Contracting” Don’t know where to start to get into government contracting for your business? This class will lay the groundwork for you to decide if government contracting is in your future. Dale Colbert will be teaching this class and is a Washington Procurement Technical Assistant Center Government Contracting Specialist. Come and learn the ins and outs of setting your business up to be selected in the contracting process and where to find upcoming contracts in your industry!
- 11:45 a.m. – noon Networking and an opportunity to sign up for additional classes and resources
WHO: Center for Business & Innovation
WHAT: Open House
WHEN: Friday, November 15, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. to noon
WHERE: CB&I, 4220 6th Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503
REGISTER: Event organizers request attendees RSVP here