Legal Basics that Small Business Owners Need to Know
June 24, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| $55
This half-day interactive workshop focuses on the following topics that are key in the life of a small business owner:
- Selecting and forming a legal entity for your business
- How to bring in co-owners
- Creating an LLC Operating Agreement or Corporate Shareholder’s Agreement
- Employee vs. independent contractor issues
- Leasing property – pitfalls to avoid
- Doing business in other states
- Operating your business over the internet
- Intellectual property including trademarks, and trade names
- Contracts small businesses may encounter
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructor and the program:
- Awesome! I learned a number of new legal requirements and pitfalls.
- The instructor explained and provided example legal documents that will be very useful.
- The instructor was great – everything was clear and he made it fun.
- The workshop had a great pace and the instructor made everything understandable and answered all our questions. He was a very knowledge attorney and covered a lot of valuable issues.
This workshop is presented by Guy Towle, an active SCORE mentor and retired attorney. Guy worked for 41 years as a practicing business and corporate attorney, the last 17 of which as a partner in the firm of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. During his legal career he assisted numerous small business owners with their legal issues and has a very good understanding of the needs of small businesses and their owners. As a volunteer mentor with SCORE, Guy regularly counsels small business owners on various aspects of their business, focusing principally on legal matters. Learn more about Guy at his LinkedIn profile here: Guy Towle.