Legal Basics that Small Business Owners Need to Know
December 9, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| $55
This half-day interactive workshop focuses on the following topics that are key in the life of a small business owner:
• Selecting and forming a legal entity for your business
• How to bring in co-owners
• Creating an LLC Operating Agreement or Corporate Shareholder’s Agreement
• Employee vs. independent contractor issues
• Leasing property – pitfalls to avoid
• Doing business in other states
• Operating your business over the internet
• Intellectual property including trademarks, and trade names
• Contracts small businesses may encounter
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructor and the program:
Awesome! I learned a number of new legal requirements and pitfalls.
The instructor explained and provided example legal documents that will be very useful.
The instructor was great – everything was clear and he made it fun.
The workshop had a great pace and the instructor made everything understandable and answered all our questions.
This workshop is presented by Guy Towle, an active SCORE mentor and retired attorney. Guy worked for 41 years as a practicing business and corporate attorney, the last 17 of which as a partner in the firm of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. During his legal career he assisted numerous small business owners with their legal issues and has a very good understanding of the needs of small businesses and their owners. As a volunteer mentor with SCORE, Guy regularly counsels small business owners on various aspects of their business, focusing principally on legal matters.