NOAA SBIR Agency Introduction: presented by ARC WA
November 1, 2023 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) Program provides seed money to small businesses who are developing new technologies that might be of interest to federal agencies.
Overview of the SBIR program – presented by Kate Hoy, Washington State APEX Accelerator SBIR/STTR Advisor
1. General overview of the SBIR/STTR program. Learn about the funding, who is eligible, and what Washington State resources are available to help with the application process.
2. Deeper Dive into the Department of Commerce National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) SBIR Program – presented by Genevieve Lind, SBIR Program Manager
3. A look at the NOAA program as well as a review of the Funding Announcement released September 28, 2023. Areas of interest include:
– Extreme Events and Cascading Hazards
– Coastal Resilience
– The Changing Ocean
– Water Availability, Quality, and Risk
– Effects of Space Weather
– Monitoring and Modeling for Climate Change Mitigation
For more information visit the NOAA SBIR Website
4. Live Q&A
Intended Audience: Washington State innovative firms working on cutting edge technology; resource partners or economic development organizations who would like to know more about the SBIR program; organizations who help grow start ups or innovation
The ARC WA program is made possible by a 2022 Small Business Administration (SBA) Federal and State Technology Partnership (FAST) grant and is a partnership between Life Science Washington Institute and the Washington State PTAC/APEX program.