Small Business Cybersecurity Part 3: Systems
June 7 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This webinar is the third in a three-part series.
This webinar will present practical ways to protect your system’s communication and information integrity. The Systems and Communications practice will describe how to monitor, control, and protect organizational communication, give instructions on how to implement subnetworks for publicly accessible system components that are physically or logically separated from internal networks, and talk about how to use encryption and firewalls to keep communications secure. The System and Information Integrity practice will explain how to identify, report, and correct information and information system flaws in a timely manner. It will also discuss how you can provide protection against malicious code, why updating protection mechanisms regularly is a necessity to keep your business secure, and how to perform periodic scans of an information system as well as how to get real-time scans of files from external sources that are downloaded, opened, or executed.
- Tim Taylor, SBDC Research Supervisor and retired property crimes investigator will answer questions regarding Physical Protection and Media Protection.
- Jerry Petrick, SBDC Certified Business Advisor, Vancouver
- Peter Marchel, Marchel and Associates Risk Consultants will discuss protection from liability.
- Rob Ruder, Adjunct MIS Professor, Gonzaga University and IT Consultant.
- Keith Davis, SBDC Associate Business Advisor