Webinar: L & I Overtime Rules with July 1st Updates
November 17, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Washington SBDC and Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) invites you to attend a webinar about the new overtime rules that have gone into effect as of July 1. The changes update the exemptions for executive, administrative, and professional workers, as well as outside salespeople and computer professionals.
In this webinar, you will learn about the updates, including changes to the job duties tests for each exemption category and the minimum salary threshold an exempt employee must earn to qualify for exemption from the protections of the state Minimum Wage Act.
- Overview of Employment Standards wage laws
- Brief history of the rules and why they are being updated
- Key terms to know
- Exemption types
- Salary threshold requirements
- Employer size calculations
- Compliance options for employers
- Effect of the rule snow and in the future
- Helpful resources
WHEN: November 17, 2020
TIME: 3:00 – 4:00 pm
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Washington SBDC