Transformational Leadership and Adaptability For Entrepreneurs in Times of Uncertainty
April 21 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This class is three sessions: 4/20-4/22
Create a Remote Workforce Culture Where Effective Communication and Sustainable Relationships Thrive
- Retain employees during a pandemic – Create an effective and loyal team. Building peace of mind and supporting the financial stability of your business
- Effectively manage teams – See and speak to potential. Invitation and evocation
- Motivate employees – Learn the ingredients of culture building for the millennial generation
- Meet business objectives – Thriving and grounding in uncertainty, trusting creativity and adaptability
In this conversational style class, participants will engage in learning that includes presentation to learn diverse perspectives, coaching moments to practice new competencies, and facilitated group discussion and exercises that serve to create a safe space where valuable insights will surface and can be placed into practice from inception. The outcome for this three part series is to equip entrepreneurs with the tools they need to lead a remote workforce that shares in the belief they can effectively adapt during times of uncertainty and keep their doors open.
Engaging and Inspiring Employees through building a culture of trust will lead to resilient and innovative workers
- Build in ways to regularly connect through team building
- Offer flexibility in work schedules to honor the balance between family and business needs – understanding each individuals motivations and incentives
- hire the right people and make effective onboarding a priority – what is the value system of the culture you’re building and are you recruiting people with similar mindset
- offer training and professional development opportunities – culture of growth and development
- create collaborative spaces to communicate freely, share ideas, and hold brainstorming sessions – building safe space and feedback
Tracking productivity of employees through time stamps, communication threads, project status updates versus number of hours worked by setting clear expectations on roles and responsibilities and communicating feedback on performance. Making it safe to have crucial conversations with employees. Building a culture that uses challenging energy, holding people to their highest standards, while simultaneously using compassion so that employees can bring up concerns and worries and build a culture of feedback.
Meet business objectives by establishing metrics that identify when customer requirements are and are not being met. Use of staffing matrixes and urgent versus important decision-making tools to assign and monitor work for consistent performance and accountability of tasks to completion. And understanding the enduring nature of our humanity, our built in creativity, flexibility, and adaptability, our unlimited resources that we all have the potential to thrive and tap into at any moment to thrive in the most volatile environments.
Meet the Instructors
Linda Tilson is the business owner of Learn From Linda, which specializes in the development and delivery of interactive, facilitated workshops and personalized one-on-one coaching. Linda is passionate about empowering people in their personal and professional settings and believes in creating a living legacy. She believes success in life centers around building and nurturing healthy relationships with others.
Jared Bull is a transformational coach and entrepreneur. He works with other coaches, executives, and entrepreneurs from around the world both online and offline to give them the inner tools and external resources to help them bring inner visions to life. His work has been showcased on 5 different continents, has a YouTube channel of 25 thousand, and has consulted within Fortune 500 companies such as Principal Financial Group. He is dedicated to showing entrepreneurs and business owners the inner and externals tools to be outwardly and inwardly successful despite the volatile environments around them.
TIME: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Zoom link will be sent prior to the start of class.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: Robin Houde | 360.754.6320
Grant Available: This course is being funded through a grant brought to you by the Small Business Administration Office of Women’s Business Ownership OWBO COVID 19 CARES Act grant awarded to the Washington Center for Women in Business. If you are interested in becoming an entrepreneur or own a small business that has been affected by COVID 19 you qualify to attend this course at no cost. Please visit https://wcwb.org/calendar/, locate the course, and click on the link to register. If you have any questions related to this grant or require assistant registering for the course please email [email protected]. The Washington Center for Women in Business is an inclusive organization so all genders may register for this course.
This class is offered online using Zoom.
- Access to a computer with speakers & microphone (or the ability to call in via phone).
- A web camera (suggested but not required).
- Access to high-speed internet.