Subscribe to a Local Gourmet Sampler Box
Taste your way through the South Sound! Every month starting the first week of April, the Southwest Washington Food Hub is offering a new gourmet sampler food box that will feature different local producers’ products, so you can buy and try regionally! The curated subscription box features fresh fruit, vegetables and meats from local cooperative farmers, as well as value-added goods from the most delicious local vendors. Purchase just one box or subscribe for the year for a discount. The Sampler’s contents will be posted the month before so you can plan for your box!
Subscriptions will go out on the first Wednesday of every month. The available pick-up locations are at the Hub’s warehouse in Tumwater and Alma Mater in downtown Tacoma. Boxes will be available to pick up from 4:00 p.m.to 7:00 p.m. If you do not pick up your box, it will be donated to a local food bank.
The Local Gourmet Sampler Box’s mission is to support the local community, so in that spirit, they also donate 5% of proceeds to a local organization supporting the South Sound! The Southwest Washington Food Hub will be donating 5% of this month’s profit to GRuB in Olympia, WA.
April’s Box will include:
- Specialty Pork Sausage from Steger Family Farm in Chehalis WA
- A loaf of Sourdough Bread from Blue Heron Bakery in Olympia, WA
- Pastured Organic Rainbow Eggs from Clean Food Farm in Orting, WA
- Microgreens from Ellis Creek Farm in Olympia WA
- Black Truffle Sea Salt from Aroma Spice Co. in Gig Harbor, WA
- A “Hot Box” Hot Sauce Sampler Pack from Hot Sauce Fresh Co. in Tumwater, WA
- Shrubs from Wild Hearts Sipping Vinegar Co in Tumwater, WA